The Chilliwack YMCA finally opened its doors to the public on February 18, 2019–Family Day. Excitement was in the air from open until close with hundreds of people eager to check out their very own YMCA for the first time.
Not only were there tours, members also enjoyed fitness classes like Cycle Fit. They were also the first to try our new state-of-the-art QueenaxTM fitness equipment through our Q Strength class.
The Y staff did a great job managing the crowds and answering questions about all the changes to the YMCA. The front desk staff were also busy helping hundreds of new members sign up!
At 36,700 square feet, this newly renovated centre of community is 25 per cent larger than the old centre. With more space, the Chilliwack Y will also be offering a wider array of programming to serve the community.
The new Chilliwack Y has a lot of fun and exciting features that are family-friendly. The centre of community has a brand new Family/Universal change room that spans 1,800 square feet. It also has a lot of space for children to enjoy themselves in our Y Play area and 1000 square foot outdoor playground. The Chilliwack Y will also soon open its pool and, along with it, we will introduce swim lessons and other aquatics programming. So stay tuned for more information!
For a further look at all the features, come by for a tour, check out the photos below or find out more information about everything else that’s new at the Chilliwack YMCA.
1. There’s plenty of lounge space for members and families to connect at the Chilliwack YMCA!
2. The new centre of community features a bright and airy space for Y-Play, a learning and development program for children.
3. Members can build muscle and get fit in our strength and conditioning space featuring all new equipment!
4. Work up a sweat in our Cycle Fit studio featuring all new equipment as well.
5. Switch up your workout routine and challenge yourself with our new QueenaxTM equipment. Don’t miss our Q Strength classes which are included in your membership!
This bright and beautiful new building would not have been possible without generous donations from community members. This only goes to show that the essence of the YMCA truly lies in community. It is the people—donors, volunteers, members and staff—that come together and make the Y what it is. We are so grateful to all our partners and donors who believe in the power of connection!